I helped host two wedding showers this past weekend for my future sister-in-law. On Saturday night, my extended family on my mom’s side threw a couples shower at my aunt and uncle’s house. We chose to do an “upscale cookout” theme. My family loves to cook, so we had fun coming up with a menu. Here’s what we ended up doing:
- Honey ham and grilled pork tenderloin with Hawaiian rolls
- Potato bar with sweet and mashed potatoes
- Tomato mozzarella balls
- Fresh fruit (my cousin’s wife made the beautiful pineapple palm tree display pictured below)
- Assorted cheese spreads with crackers
- ABTs and Pig Shots made the egg – jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon with a chipotle raspberry sauce
- Ramen Asian Salad
- Red Velvet cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade cupcakes
- Homemade Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream
- Sweet tea and lemonade
Our decor involved a lot of burlap, gingham, Mason jars, and bright flowers. My cousin’s wife did most of the decorating, and she did such a good job. Everything looked beautiful. We also put a few framed pictures of Katie and Mitchell on the tables. I designed the invitation for the shower, and we framed it and displayed it as well.
I included a few photos I snapped below. I’m not bragging on myself here, but I am going to brag on my family for a minute – they sure do know how to cook. The food was delicious, and the decorations came out great.
Less than three weeks until these two become Mr. and Mrs!